“A growing church of significance in our community, where the love of Jesus touches all.”
In the business world a good mission statement or vision gives your staff a reason to get out of bed in the mornings - allegedly! In a similar vein we hope that the Vineyard Church mission will tell you who we are, what matters to us and inspire you to join us in making this happen.
- First of all we are a church. We do not see “church” as an institution or a building but a family of people with a common aim of loving God, loving each other and showing the love of God to others.
- Secondly we want to be a growing church. Now why is growth important? The type of growth we are interested in is when people’s lives are touched and changed by Jesus and so want to join us, rather than people swapping from one church to another, although we welcome everyone. Furthermore, a larger church will have the resources to have a bigger impact in our community, which leads us to the next part of the vision.
- We want to be a church of significance in our community. We do not believe the church should be a club or holy huddle but that we can and should make a difference in our local area. We hope that we can impact the lives of many different people, whether children, youth, families, singles or the “grey majority”.
- Finally, our motivation for all this is that we want to be a church where the love of Jesus touches all - being Christians we see ourselves as followers of Jesus who try to do what Jesus wants. He loves people so much that he was prepared to die for them (you!) and he expects his church to reach out and demonstrate that love to a hurting world.
- If you believe this vision is worth getting out of bed for, then come and join us!
Contact us for more details.